Monday, August 23, 2010

no bake oatmeal cookies

Well, here is my first blog post.
What might have been a disaster turned into a delicious mistake!
Originally I was going to make this recipe: No Bake Oatmeal Cookies but midway through, I realized I didn't have cocoa powder, enough sugar, or vanilla extract. (Hooray for being a scatterbrain)
SO, I improvised and came out with a very tasty treat!

I cut the sugar, added creamy honey and replaced vanilla with Hennessy.
I'll admit the original recipe is easier on the eyes, but these are delicious!


1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 Heaping TBSP honey
2 tsp Hennessey
3 cups oats
Line a baking sheet or smooth surface with wax paper, set aside. Cut butter into small pieces and place in large saucepan. Melt butter then add sugar, milk, honey and chocolate chips. Bring ingredients to a rolling boil while stirring continuously. Boil for one minute and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and Hennessey until thoroughly blended. Add in oats and drop by teaspoon-full onto waxed paper. Let cool until hardened (leave overnight or put in fridge).
Beware: These are SUPER sweet!!
Enjoy! :)  


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I saw your question on pudding molds. Pudding molds are a little taller than cupcake molds. I used individual molds because I steamed my bread in a small pot. (I boil some water in a pot- water level about half of the height of the cup - and place the each mold in the pot) A cupcake pan/muffin pan would be too big to get into the pot. If you have individual cupcake/muffin cups, they should work too.

    ReplyDelete